Hey Toby!

Just packing up my room now (we're all moving classrooms, since our 6th grade is pulling out to the new intermediate school). Got some more packing to do today, a meeting tomrorow morning, and then thursday when my buddy's school gets done, we plan on being very loaded and watching some soccer by 1pm. :-D

Shark said:
Just packing up my room now (we're all moving classrooms, since our 6th grade is pulling out to the new intermediate school). Got some more packing to do today, a meeting tomrorow morning, and then thursday when my buddy's school gets done, we plan on being very loaded and watching some soccer by 1pm. :-D

you go, brutha! :cheers:

i'm countin' down the days til june 17....

voodoocat said:
Where is that flipoff emoticon? :p

I dunno, but I'd surely like it right about now. Maybe Chase can get us one in time for Toby's last day of class. :?

Back to the old grind here...... (sigh)

Hey, I'll be thinking about you all flipping me off when...hey in fact, I think I'll call getting flipped off the 'beer salute' from now on, because that's what I'll be having when I think about you flipping me off. :mrgreen:

Hang in there Tobe...your countdown has begun!!

:bounce: :bounce: i can't wait :bounce: :bounce:

i can't wait :bounce: :bounce: i can't wait!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Osmer_Toby said:
:bounce: :bounce: i can't wait :bounce: :bounce:

i can't wait :bounce: :bounce: i can't wait!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Stop whining! Go teach those kids!!! :whip:

OMG
Are you guys on summer holidays????!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
I am smack bang in the dead of the school year.
ASsessment/report/parent interview time...BAH it sucks

So manda, pardon my american ignorance, but are you guys on the same type of calendar we are--roughly 9 months on, 3 off? If so, when is your big break?

I've always been curious about school years in other parts of the world.

3 months at once?...we get 6 weeks in the summer.

Term 1: Late Jan - April(Easter) 1-2 weeks
Term 2: April/May- July (mid yr break) 2 weeks
Term 3: July- October 2 week break
Term 4: October- late December (which is summer and Xmas) 6 weeks

We actually work it with the calendar year lol

Basically 10/11 week terms. Its only the beginning of Week 5 at present Ho hum...

Ohhh, yeah, you guys go year-round. Has it always been that way in Australia? There's a growing push in some areas in the states to go year-round. Some love it, some hate it. Personally I would hate going year-round. I really need that big chunk of down-time to recharge. I'd get burnt out in a couple of years without summer vacation.

amen. i second that- but i'm afraid the momentum is building for the year-round model... :(

Shark said:
Personally I would hate going year-round. I really need that big chunk of down-time to recharge. I'd get burnt out in a couple of years without summer vacation.

You teachers make me sick... :roll: :wink:

Two or three months off (for most of you)...every year!!! Do you get paid for that time? I know teachers here do.

Try getting a regular job. I'll soon be getting three weeks vacation per year and it will be years until I can reach the 4 week vacation level. This only goes on for...oh 38 more years or so. :shock:

Boy...that's depressing to think about

Most reactions

Back