Hey yal!!! Sissy Needs Help!

littlemissSissy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How's everyone doing?
I decided that I need a hobby and I thought photography would be best because i love taking pictures of people and places I've been. However my camera consists of the little $150 dollar digital cameras. I would like to upgrade my photography skills and get either a nikon or canon camera that the professionals use. I want a camera that i can take everywhere i travel and they take awesome pictures with having to use photoshop. My price range is hopefully less than 700$ and I want Quality! I am new to the camera shopping world and I would like to not get ripped off. I know this is the site I can learn from yal, and your knowledge will help me. Please please please help me find my first professional quality camera that takes great photo's and lets me enjoy this new hobby!

I'll take everyone's opinions

How's everyone doing?
I decided that I need a hobby and I thought photography would be best because i love taking pictures of people and places I've been. However my camera consists of the little $150 dollar digital cameras. I would like to upgrade my photography skills and get either a nikon or canon camera that the professionals use. I want a camera that i can take everywhere i travel and they take awesome pictures with having to use photoshop. My price range is hopefully less than 700$ and I want Quality! I am new to the camera shopping world and I would like to not get ripped off. I know this is the site I can learn from yal, and your knowledge will help me. Please please please help me find my first professional quality camera that takes great photo's and lets me enjoy this new hobby!

I'll take everyone's opinions

I am helping a buddy in the same situation, he is coming from a point and shoot to the DSLR world. I would go for a used 40D but that's just me... I am just stuck on canon D-series, Rebel not so much... But I am a noob too so what do I know?

I laughed when I saw "professionals" and "under 700" in connotation to each other... A professional DSLR is around 4k. Give or take. I recommend a d40 like said above or spring and get the d5000.

I think a Canon Rebel is a great choice for the money.....if you want to have great video as well, the new 7D is perfect but 1,700.00 bucks

Professional quality camera?

That's easy.

Get a Canon 5DmarkII. It's an entry level pro-quality. Much cheaper than the 1DmarkII.

I would like to upgrade my photography skills

This part is free if you use your current point and shoot....

but as for upgrading, D40 or XSi. I use a D40 and like it very much *cue someone to post the "Do not buy a D40" link*

p!nK

I see no love for the sony alphas on this website.
I went from using my parents Rebel for a few years and then i bought me a Sony a230 and i love the camera. not good for sports photography at a slothy 2.5fps. The a230 is really user friendly, lightweight, small, and has an easy to navigate gui.

I just bought a Nikon D3000 with extra lense and I am really enjoying it. Its a good camera with a good price. Best Buy is having a deal on it right now.

*JMO*

-Cass

how do you like your a200? my girlfriend has the a100 and i actually like it better than mine. the a100 is more of a "professional setup" not saying a pro camera, just that all your settings can be changed with the push of a button or two. mine i have to go through a few menus to change things.

Thanks guys for your replies! please keep them coming. I feel like i'm on kindergarden level (lol) with yal! Should i look into buying an extra lense or whats a real good combo like lense and camera together? Does what i said even make sense?

Yal are helping me out so much, Thank YOu :thumbup:

Professional quality camera?

That's easy.

Get a Canon 5DmarkII. It's an entry level pro-quality. Much cheaper than the 1DmarkII.

Have both and love both! The 5D is pretty narley, but obviously not in your price range... Maybe a decent lens for $700 to go on a pro camera?

Thanks guys for your replies! please keep them coming. I feel like i'm on kindergarden level (lol) with yal! Should i look into buying an extra lense or whats a real good combo like lense and camera together? Does what i said even make sense?

Yal are helping me out so much, Thank YOu :thumbup:

Get a 40D with a 50mm f/1.8 II, it's a very creative and cheap lens, most people break out of the kit lenses and start out with this one since you can buy a used one for about $75... Warning it's the gateway lens to L's though!!! I am an L junkie because of it. Love that little lens so much I bought 2 then upgraded to big brother 50mm f1.4 USM, so I got me 3 fitties!

Aliaspros, or anyone how do you know what to look for in a good lense? like what specs (or details about the lense) should i look for in buying one

how do you like your a200? my girlfriend has the a100 and i actually like it better than mine. the a100 is more of a "professional setup" not saying a pro camera, just that all your settings can be changed with the push of a button or two. mine i have to go through a few menus to change things.
I love mine! :D Although ive never even used another SLR let alone a A100, so i actually have nothing to compare it too, but for me be a revalative noobie, i found it really user friendly :D

Most reactions

Back