Hey

WeediesNYC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im new and I wont lie, I take pictures of pot. I recently have became intrigued by photography of marijuana plants and skyscrapers, etc. Which camera should I buy first?

Previous camera:
IPhone 5
Currently:
8Mp rear camera, 3mp front

Looking for a possibly DSLR I like the Nikon D3300

Marijuana plants, skyscrapers, and etc?

Can you narrow it down any further? If not, the Nikon D3300 with 18-55 and 55-200 would be a good starting point.

Couple of questions:

1.What is it you want to do that your current camera can't do?
2. What's your TOTAL budget?

Couple of questions:

1.What is it you want to do that your current camera can't do?
2. What's your TOTAL budget?
1. The quality of the camera is avsolutely horrible compared to pictures I see taken by other caneras. 8Mp isnt enough.
2. Around 600 dollars
L

Can you narrow it down any further? If not, the Nikon D3300 with 18-55 and 55-200 would be a good starting point.
i taje pictures of everything that I like. Animals, plants, buildings, people, I really love surf photography.

i taje pictures of everything that I like. Animals, plants, buildings, people, I really love surf photography.
I'd still recommend a Nikon starter kit with the 18-55 and 55-200--you might not need the D3300, maybe go for the D3200? It will give you the full range you're looking for, be in budget, and would be perfect to learn on.

That's my opinion, anyways. (Also, I'm a Canon guy, myself, but Nikon currently has better starter cameras, IMO.)

I'd still recommend a Nikon starter kit with the 18-55 and 55-200--you might not need the D3300, maybe go for the D3200? It will give you the full range you're looking for, be in budget, and would be perfect to learn on.

That's my opinion, anyways. (Also, I'm a Canon guy, myself, but Nikon currently has better starter cameras, IMO.)
Thanks for the suggestion ill look into the D3200 thabks!

The quality of the camera is avsolutely horrible compared to pictures I see taken by other caneras. 8Mp isnt enough.
This may be the first time you've been exposed to this notion, so read it twice now, and then read it again later. Twice.

There is more to getting a good photograph than merely the number of pixels in the sensor, such as the photographer, for instance. So while you're looking at those other photographs, start asking about the experience of the photographer, what lens, what shutter speed, what ISO, what processing, and what kind of light. There are many wonderful photographs being made every day with cameras that have "only" 8 million pixels in the sensor.

The quality of the camera is avsolutely horrible compared to pictures I see taken by other caneras. 8Mp isnt enough.
This may be the first time you've been exposed to this notion, so read it twice now, and then read it again later. Twice.

There is more to getting a good photograph than merely the number of pixels in the sensor, such as the photographer, for instance. So while you're looking at those other photographs, start asking about the experience of the photographer, what lens, what shutter speed, what ISO, what processing, and what kind of light. There are many wonderful photographs being made every day with cameras that have "only" 8 million pixels in the sensor.
My fault bro I understand what you mean I just want to start with something that will help pictures look good from the getgo.

I totally agree in most cases. In some cases, IMO, a new camera will help the creative process, especially when going from phone to camera.

I totally agree in most cases. In some cases, IMO, a new camera will help the creative process, especially when going from phone to camera.
Do phones have 8mp sensors? I was not aware of that.

Most reactions

Back