Hi all

DamienW

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking for a forum with plenty of active members to answer any silly questions I may have, and so - 10 minutes of Googling later - here I am. :eek:)

I'm based in Canberra, Australia these days. I've always enjoyed taking plenty of photos, and recently started using a Digital SLR again after a long break of "Wow...this phone takes pretty good photos actually...for a phone!". Realising that a decent SLR or mirrorless still rules over phone pics with a fair bit of authority, I've jumped back into the DSLR with gusto.

I've also discovered that film actually does still exist, and have taken an interest in the 'classic' 35mm SLR's that were around in my youth. I was introduced to photography via my father's Praktica MTL3 in my mid-teens. I'm a bit of a gear head, so I've acquired a few bodies from Praktica, Ricoh, and Pentax in a short period, and hope to be putting a film through one or more of them in the near future. I'm trying to restrict myself to M42 and K-mount in the 35mm space.

...And then there's medium format! Wow...look at all those cheap 645's on eBay!! I never really noticed medium format when I was younger. I'm thinking that I'd like to dip a toe into those waters!

Mostly shooting with my Pentax K5ii and Pentax K-01 presently. Oh...and a smartphone of course.

Bit of a Pentax fan as you can guess.

Cheers!
Damien

PS...gee...lots of pretty pictures in here...could make one feel a little, well, inadequate :-O

Welcome to TPF! Happy to have you on board.

We have plenty of film enthusiasts here, so you're in good company.

Hope you check out our Gallery section and post your work. It's a great way to get feedback and meet everyone.

Keep posting and have fun!

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Most reactions

Back