Hi all

phaedo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello there everyone,
Have just found this forum and been reading as much as I can for the last day or so. I have been toying with the idea of starting to get into photography professionally for a while now, but each time I get close to doing something, I end up busy with work or something else.
But now I have made up my mind - I will spend as much time as I can for the rest of the year doing research, taking photos etc. At the moment I don't have a portfolio, so that is something to start with creating. I used to have a Sigma SLR which decided when I was in the cold to give up on me - there was a rattle inside the lens, which caused issues of lighting. What should have been shutter speeds of 1/250th or higher were down at around 1/30. Totally gave up on that one while in London on holiday. And then my backup, a seagull medium format (don't get me started on that one...) died on me at the same time.
But I digress. Got some good shots in New York before that happened at least. It was about another 2 years before I ended up getting another camera - second hand Canon EOS400 for $50AU. I was never going to go digital I thought, my opinion until quite recently was it takes away from the 'purity' of creating the final product with all the photoshop manipulation. Plus I used to really enjoy the darkroom side of things. But with all the time it takes and not having access to a darkroom, I am now thinking I will bite the bullet and go digital soon. They have got good enough that I can do everything I would want to with it, and a lot easier than the old days.
Anyway, my eventual aim is moving to somewhere such as Cabo, the Bahamas, some sort of semi-retirement beach lifestyle place, and set up shop there as a wedding photographer. However, I have to get started and build up a decent portfolio before I think of getting that far.
But anyway, as I said, I plan on just spending a lot of time getting my knowledge back up and building up a folio for the rest of the year, and hope to learn a bit from this forum too.
Just to start with, here is a picture I took a couple of years ago, it has basically just been scanned from a print and been untouched.

Happy snapping all.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome Phaedo! Read the rules and have fun. Post some more pictures, too. I'd love to see some!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back