hi everyone, new here and new to the dslr world with nikon d40 C&C please

jzxxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys, after a long time of trying to use my old sony cybershot that has seen better days, i couldn't get this camera to take photos that satisfied me and in the end i opted for a dslr. i ended up buying an almost new nikon d40 kit off of craigslist for $375 and a couple days after i bought the camera i bought a 50mm f/1.8 nikkor lens.

this is a hobby that i'm really eager to learn more about. after getting some what used to the camera, all i can say is im hooked. so i'll be around searching for tips, advice and studying everyones photos, so that i can learn to take great photos like the examples i've seen on here so far.

heres some pics the first night i had it, i didn't read the manual or know what i was doing or how to use it yet.

any and all tips and criticism is welcome.

first night i had it pics, bad yes i know:
DSC_7650.png

DSC_7696.png

DSC_7731.png

second night. outdoors this time. only 1 pic:
DSC_7968.png

third day with the kit 18-55mm lens on manual focus
DSC_8118.png

later on in the day i bought a 50mm f/1.8 nikkor lens with auto focus, but the AF on this lens isn't compatible with my d40 since it only accepts AF-I or AF-S
, so i have to learn to get used to the manual focusing.
random shots from work using the 50mm lens:

DSC_8224.png

DSC_8228.png

DSC_8231.png

DSC_8233.png

DSC_8243.png

DSC_8267.png

DSC_8263.png

DSC_8272.png

thanks for looking

Welcome aboard.

sick bike! you definetly got potential.. just take tons of shots and eventually you get better (thats my plan at least )

Hello and welcome to TPF!

.. just take tons of shots and eventually you get better (thats my plan at least )

Alternatively, read books to understand the basics of photography (aperture, shutter speed, ISO, depth of field, composition...) if you don't know these already. Then, take some pictures to practice what you learnt. You'll improve faster that way IMHO.

hey thanks for the welcomes everyone, and about reading, i've been researching and learning as much as i could these past nights, staying up until 3 a.m. or longer hahaha.

oh and the bike, its my friends. he just had it painted that color.

thanks for looking!!

Nice shots! I'm in the same boat, I just picked up the hobby this summer. I finished my first photo class and it was great to help learn not only how the camera works, but the basics of visual communication and composition.

For your future postings, please make sure you post 4-5 pics max. More than that makes it hard for people to critique (well, not hard,but way too time consuming)

Most reactions

Back