Hi everyone! (pics inside, 56k beware)

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Cheesewheel, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Cheesewheel

Cheesewheel TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm new to TPF. I recently purchased a Canon EOS 350D to start building a photo portfolio with. I'd say I'm not completely green when it comes to SLR shooting, but I have a long way to go. Here are some of my recent pictures:

'twas a sunny day
    [​IMG]

"Is that eatible?"
    [​IMG]

Chillin'
    [​IMG]

I'll see you guys around!

2. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The pictures of the birds are a bit too bright for my liking. Especially the first one where the blown highlights appear to eliminate some detail on the chest. As for the cat I think it is a bit too far off frame.

3. duncanp

duncanp TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    welcome to the forum, you got some nice pics there,

a few tips though

1. resize your picture to something smaller (maybe around 800x600) as people with slower internet connections will have to spend ages at this page waiting for the picutres to show

2. Pictures are usually best suited in the General Galler or any of the photo galleries, as this way you willl pick up more comments / critique, if you kindly ask a mod im sure they will move this thread there

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hiya Cheesewheel, welcome to ThePhotoForum.

Duncan is right: The Beginners' Place is more of a Questions and Answers Forum, and our Galleries are the right places to showcase one's own photos for some comments and critique. Therefore I moved your thread to here.

It is difficult, however, to critique photos this large. At 1134 pixels wide, they don't even entirely fit on my screen, which is large (OK, they do when I scroll horizontally to push your name etc to the left), and might not fit into those who still use an older, lower res screen, at all.

It is adviseable to downsize one's pics for web presentation to a maximum of 800 px wide, given the photos are horizontal format, and 800 px long when they are vertical format. OK?

I think I like DOF in the cat pic, but it is a pit there is sooooo much room around that cat, yet its tail got cropped off :(...