Hi, folks!!

wfooshee

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found this with a Google search. Interested in having a look around.

Not a working pro, but a reasonably competent hobbyist. I've done some weddings as second shooter, and one recently as my own work. Thinking about joining the hundreds of folks doing sunset portraits on the beach.

Been shooting 35mm since 1979, went digital (kicking and screaming) in 2007, and haven't looked back. Still burn some Velvia once in a while, but that's getting fairly costly any more!

My "modes" have been motorsports, air shows, then a few years ago I discovered wildlife photography after finally getting something longer than a 200mm zoom. This year started shooting models in activities with a local club, which is a whole new direction for me. Learning about posing, lighting, communicating; never shot anything that I could talk to before!

Current gear is a D7000, the 18-55 kit lens that came with my used D50 7 years ago, Nikon's 70-300 ED VR which I use 90% of the time, a Sigma 30mm f:1.4 that is simply wonderful, Rokinon's 8mm fisheye which is loads of fun, and a manual-focus 85mm f1.8 that is simply gorgeous. I also have an F4 that I picked up well-used for dirt cheap, put a split-image screen in it which makes that 85mm much easier to use, and I also have a non-AI 50mm 1.4 that I can mount to the F4. I'll get the AI conversion done to that 50 "any day now." Oh, yeah, the SB-600 that I got with that D50 7 years ago.

Howdy and welcome! Sounds like you're pretty well set for equipment. Lots of good information to be found here, and the folks aren't too bad either! Have fun!

Welcome to the site.

Hello and welcome to the forum...

Most reactions

Back