Hi folks.....

SR1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,
That's my first post and I am very glad about finding a forum like this...:thumbup:

Till now i just used a small Pentax Optio S 3MP Cam for Snapshots....
But since Christmas I'm a proud owner of the Sony DSC-R1.
Don't have much experiences in professional photography, so i just try to learn by doing....

Just have one question: how do I insert photos into my posts? - don't have space...

Sincerely,.....Pat

Hi Pat, nice to see you on board, welcome to ThePhotoForum.

As to your question about how to post photos to the board there should be infos out and about somewhere, but in short: you need an online photo host to where you can load your photos, so they will get a URL (an internet address) which you can then link to here.

Many here load their photos into Photobucket (www.photobucket.com), it is free, easy to use ... yes... quite an ok service (other than their liberty at downsizing photos seemingly at random).

Make sure you only upload previously downsized pics (like 400x600 pixel maximum), else uploading into Photobucket takes ages for their own downsizing process.

Waiting to see pics from your town then :D.
It is a very photogenic town!
I go there often to take photos. (Well, actually not really often enough.....)

Thanks for that.....

Here is one of the first photos I made with the R1....

Candle.jpg
http://www.mini2.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11207&d=1136845357

Very nice photo! Love the second (reflection?) candle in the background... really adds to the photo. Nice composition and lighting - really like the soft tones.

Thanks...

No, it's not a reflection....that's a second candle in the background.
Used a warm digital AWB...just tried some settings with the MF and shutting-times....think i just had luck with this one :wink:

You've got great command over the lighting! Very nicely done!

That second picture is gorgeous, I would love that fireplace!! The brickwork, the stone floor :drool:
The lighting is perfect, do you mind sharing your settings?

Thanks for all your replies...:hugs:

Sorry, as I already said, I am a pure rookie....so if you don't mind, you may give me some points i have to consider when giving you the settings.

For example (what do you need)
Lens info ?
ISO ?

need to improve my english-photography-vocabular, often just know the german words for it...:guilty:

Pat

No worries, I don't know much about photography so I like to know how other people go about getting the results they get - like this!
OK, I'd like to know the shutter speed, and aperture. And ISO too :)

Thanks!

These are great photos, welcome to TPF :)

Tried to copy the situation...so i can give you the information.....

I used the automatic night-scene program:
ISO 160
NR6 F2,8 (NR = digital NOISE REDUCTION)
Digtial White-Balance: lamp

my book says, that the R1 uses these settings for night-scenes:
- short/small aperture
- long shutter speed
- ISO 160

this picture is a copie of how it looked when i took the shot...
r1_017Kopie.jpg

Thanks Pat, I appreciate the information. I was trying (unsuccessfully) to get Christmas tree lights without any other light source, but they didn't work so well. I will have to practice using some candles I think :)

wow.. great pics and you said you just started.. looks like you did it for awhile....beautiful pics..hope my first shots can be just as good.

Most reactions

Back