Hi from a returning enthusiast

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by krayola, Aug 30, 2009.

1. krayola

krayola TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Since around 2001 I've been an enthusiast... Events conspired such that for a while, I barely touched my cameras.

In 2001, I started with a toy digital camera, switched to 35mm, started to collect some decent lenses. Got into B&W and my own developing/printing, started to get interested in 4x5 (I still have the camera, some expired film, etc). I got a DSLR and we moved to a house around the same time as work started to take over my life. I started to only take photos when I was on vacation, and had my lowest volume year yet in 2007.

I stopped doing my own developing because there are no rooms easy to black out like the bathroom in the apartment was. This house has too many windows, and no plumbing ideally situated for a darkroom... However its our house, so I could get back into B&W if I like. I'd just have to do some modifications to a room :)

Then we had a child in 2008... And now 99% of my photos are of our daughter. At least, however, my photography volume is higher than ever before.

Fortunately, my spark has returned and I'm getting the itch to be creative again... Naturally just before winter hits. I guess I'll just have to tough it and go out and shoot in the snow/cold, or get a room in order for tabletop work (since I love macro as well).

Some of my work is up at royhooper.ca

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  2. Yemme

Yemme No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi Krayola... Nice to meet you.:hug::

3. PhotoXopher

PhotoXopher TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I walk every day over lunch break (almost) since January 2009 and love it... winter, spring, summer and soon to be fall... so many different options for opportunities - don't let the seasonal change get you down!

4. krayola

krayola TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hmm... Now if only lunch breaks were the norm at my office. We tend to go out, get food, and return to our desks and work through lunch, then leave earlier as a result.

5. Nicholas James Photo

Nicholas James Photo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome