Hi from CT

LeadSister

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hometownphotographer.com
Hello all....

I've loved photography ever since I could remember but never really thought about doing anything about it. I took a class in high school and the teacher said I have a great eye for the camera. On family vacations I would take scenery pictures that looked like postcards... and this was with one of those Kodak Disk camera's. Does anyone remember those things from 1982-4? They actually took nice pictures.

Anyway, in the past years I've started with web design. I'm always searching for stock photography which is a pain and so thought about photography again. Why not just take my own photos? Also, would be great for local companies that need photo's for their websites.

I have ALOT to learn about camera's and have been reading tons. Right now I have a Kodak DX6490 which is driving me crazy because it's so slow and usually takes grainy pictures. I went to Best Buy and held a Canon 20d and I want it! :lovey: That is one nice camera! Just have to save up alittle by selling some web designs!

So far this forum has been great with info! I'll share some photo's I've taken when I get a chance. My little one hates me to be far from her for too long.

Pamela

Welcome to TPF Pamela! Hopefully the little one will let you go long enough to post some of your images. Looking forward to seeing your stuff! :)

Thanks for the welcome... I'll see if I can hunt down some of my photo's on cd's and share them. Would love feedback on composition rather than picture quality. I have alot to learn regarding speed/lighting etc to get nice pictures.

Hertz... you still have one? I dont know why, but I just remember using that to take pictures along Skyline drive in Virginia and it taking great pictures. I'll hunt those down and scan them.

Pamela

Hello Pam, welcome to TPF.

Welcome!! LOL!! i have disc camera too!! didn't the negatives look like a "view master" disc?

hobbes28 said:
Welcome to the forum Pam. What part of CT are you from?

Thanks again for the welcomes! :)

I'm in the Hartford area. Really hoping to get my Canon 20d before the fall hits. Would love to travel through CT and Mass for some shots. :lovey:

Pamela

We're in New Hampshire so I know what you're saying about the fall colors. They should start turning in the next few weeks. :mrgreen:

welcome!
i'm in ct, too- south windsor, specifically.
this site is awesome- great place to learn and grow, i'm sure you'll love it.

Most reactions

Back