Hi from Gladstone, Queensland

dcbear78

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.crewonephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thought it best I introduce myself. New to the page. I have been a regular on Pentax Forums for a while now but looking for non brand specific forum to essentially call home as I mostly shoot Nikon these days.

In the big scheme of things I am still very new to photography. After wanting to try out my hand at photography for a number of year but never being allowed to spend the money. Went through a divorce and no longer had someone holding me back so finally took the leap at Christmas time 2012.

My first DSLR was a Pentax K-30. I chose this as comparing what was on the market at the time this camera was a clear leader in value for money with what it offered. And I did love it. Still do. Still have it despite moving on from there. A bit over a year later after getting well and truly bitten by the photography bug and taking on some serious LBA and GAS I upgraded to the newly released Pentax K-3. My lens line up included the Pentax 18-135mm for an everyday lens and weather sealing. Two of the three amigos in the FA31mm f1.8 Ltd and FA77 f1.8 Ltd. Plus some others like Sigma 10-20mm f3.5, Rokinon 8mm fisheye and some older manual Helios 44m's. I don't do much nature or sports so don't shoot long often.

I really loved my Pentax gear. But late last year I wanted to make the step into taking photos "professionally" on a part time basis and decided I wanted to make the move to a full frame set up.

Not wanting to do things by halves I bit the bullet and made the investment in a Nikon D810, Tamron's trinity of 15-30mm f2.8 VC, 24-70mm f2.8 VC and 70-200mm f2.8 VC. I also have a Sigma Art 50mm f1.4mm. I did have a Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 but I was unhappy with my copy and sold it to purchase the Tamron ultra wide when it was released.

My photography seems to have gravitated more to portraiture and model portfolio and fashion work. I am still learning so much about this. I have also discovered I love shooting with lights and have a number of options from a couple speed lights (Nikon SB-700 and Cactus V6) and some studio strobes (Jinbei DM3 kit).

That's enough of my history. I am looking forward to checking out some specific parts of the forum.

For anyone interested here is where I keep my photos....
Crew One Photography Flickr - Photo Sharing

Hey welcome to the forums! Happy to hear that you are enjoying it and picked up some new equipment as well!
I checked out your photos there all really nice, I like the one second from the bottom particularly with the girl "Joanna" in the rear view, love shots like that. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back