Hi from Memphis!

kmp1191

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself.
I'm 39...(and holding), married w/ 2 kids. I'm a part-time professional photographer. I got interested in photography when I was in the pre-teen years....would take mom's camera and take pictures of just about anything....(most of the time they would never turn out!) Then as I got older I learned what composition, focusing, light and framing meant.
After I had my kids, I really wanted to learn more about photography, although not doing it full time. I took a couple of classes at the local college and learned more. (of course, I'm always learning....never stop!)
My first camera was a Canon Rebel 35mm....after a few years, I went digital with the Canon 20D. The man I work for shoots Nikon...(currently using D200 & D300) I'm now looking to upgrade to the Canon 40D. My main lens is the 17-85 IS. Love this lens!! I also use the 580EX flash. (heck....I think that's what it is....I don't really pay attention....I just throw it up there and go! :blushing:)
I love shooting weddings and families....Seniors too. I have also shot some pretty good skylines. I'd like to do more landscape, skylines and get more creative with lighting.

Anyway, that's my rambling...nice to meet ya'll!!
kmp

Hi kmp, welcome to the forum. I held at 29 23 years ago. I shoot Nikon's also, but the 40D is a very nice camera.

I grew up in Memphis and escaped to nashville about 11 years ago. Welcome to the forum. If you are living in Memphis, make sure your gear is insured!

Welcome aboard kmp!

Welcome to the forum! Always wanted to visit Memphis. Please post some of your photos.

Trust me, you don't want to visit memphis. I spent 9 years as a prosecutor there. We had a joke in the office, "when you come to memphis, plan two trips. Once to visit, once to testify."

Nashville and middle TN are much nicer!

Trust me, you don't want to visit memphis. I spent 9 years as a prosecutor there. We had a joke in the office, "when you come to memphis, plan two trips. Once to visit, once to testify."

Nashville and middle TN are much nicer!

:lmao::lmao::lmao: too true!!! Loved your comment about insuring your gear!! How true is that??!!! How long ago were you here? My DH may have done business with you...(he would have brought you some clients....;))

I shot a wedding a few years ago....bridal party left their purses and everything in one of the Church rooms....groomsmen left wallets, cellphones etc. in the area that they got ready in. After the wedding and pics everyone went to collect their stuff....but it was gone....wallets, phones, credit cards....all of it!! Needless to say, the part was pretty much over at that point!

Welcome to Memphis....the churches aren't even safe from crime!! :angry1:

Don't get me wrong.....there are some cool points to Memphis.....the zoo rocks, and the Botanic Gardens are really nice....oh, and can't forget Graceland....

:lmao::lmao::lmao: too true!!! Loved your comment about insuring your gear!! How true is that??!!! How long ago were you here? My DH may have done business with you...(he would have brought you some clients....;))

I was there from 88-97. I had some good times there but am beyond thrilled that I am in middle TN. Now, if middle TN was in the 80's-90's 95% of the time and had a good beach, it would be perfect!

Is your DH a cop?

I was there from 88-97. I had some good times there but am beyond thrilled that I am in middle TN. Now, if middle TN was in the 80's-90's 95% of the time and had a good beach, it would be perfect!

Is your DH a cop?

Glad ya got out when you did....it's always a rollercoaster here!!
and in answer to your question.....pm'd ya!

hey KMP1191, i too am from memphis. well actually it is hernando mississippi. I know what you mean. a few years back, 98-99 i took some photos along the river. i won't do it now. last time i was downtown had this guy hitting me up for money. needless to say if i'm downtown and i'm not among people i know, i'm not getting out of the vehicle. and i'm afraid to take my camera anywhere in that area. but like he said, there is some good scenery around.

Welcome, former memphian born and raised :hides head in shame:

I just left there to move to SC.

My favorite saying was "for every 1 word out of Herenton's mouth, is another 100 people moving to Mississippi"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back