Hi - from New Zealand! :)

sanz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all

I'm new to this forum (or forums of any kind really) - have really enjoyed reading some of the intersting threads and helpful advice. Seem like a genuinely 'nice' group of people!

little about myself - I've been into photography for a while but until now have been mucking around with very very basic camera's. I now have a cannon EOS 400D and am loving looking at my world through this lense... although my friends do ban me from taking my camera with me to places where I need to focus on whats actually being said - becuase when I'm into photography mode - I get lost in the small details or figuring out how take my next shot.

I havent shared any of my pix before but I've loaded a couple onto a photo bucket site - have a look if you like, be keen to hear any feedback!

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/sanz_bucket/

PHotography is my fav thing to do in my free time, and living in new zealand means there is no lack of beautiful scenery and even diversity to shoot!

enjoy the pix and if you have some to share... let me know - be keen to see them!

ciao
sanz

Hey Sanz, welcome aboard. Don't be a stranger and post, post, post... ;)

Hi

Thanks for the welcome

I spent a lot of time today (okay too much time) reading the posts and looking at some of the member's personal sites and have been inspired to no end! I love photography but havent met many people that share my passion for it.. glad to have found this site!

I'm keen to develop more but with three kids and a full time job - my schedule will simply not allow any real 'study'. (nor will my budget)

If anyone has any idea's on projects I can work on that will develop my skills I'd love to hear them. I did have one idea, taking pictures that could go in a coffee table type of book. But not just typcial scenery pictures, I could do pictures from the whole of New Zealand telling a story of hte real New Zealand - how the locals really live, and discover all the hidden beauties often missed by busy travellers rushing on to the next big attraction. Big and long project but an idea at least... thoughts? (I told you I had become inspired... really inspired!)

If you are anyhting like me and keen to develop your skillls - There is an asisngment thread under photo galleries - photo themes. New Assignments are posted bi-weekly, you dont get graded on your pix and no-one 'wins' but its a great way to some inspiration to get out there and get creative with your photography!

Anyway - thought you guys might find this helpful!

Seem like a genuinely 'nice' group of people!

Don't you believe it. We lull you into a false sense of security and then sneak up behind you and suck your brains out through a straw.
And another potential sacrifice is lured into the clutches of the internet vampires. Buahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

...did I just say that out loud? Damn!!

Welcome to Vampires Anon....er TPF :crazy:

phew - I am glad I saw your post, for just a brief moment there I thought I had really joined a group of photography fanatics - thanks for putting me straight!!! ;)

Serious note - love the forum and keen to start meeting (and learning from) people who enjoy photography as much as I do!

Hello from me, too!

I only joined - oh, was it yesterday????
And like you, life does get in the way of photography for me, too! :confused:

Still, we'll get our share of fun out of this, I'm sure!

hey hamburger

yeah - it ruins a great shot when someone actually needs you to interact with them! ;)

I am so glad I found this site, I dont have many friends that are as interseted in photography as I am. They like looking at my pix and love me taking pix of theirs family but as far as going joining me on my quest for the perfect pic... not a chance!

How long have you been into photography - where about are you from? (lazy - didnt even look at your profile!)

sanz

Sans, welcome!
You are in a place I dream about visiting.. Big Mike suggested a great book, Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. It is fantastic!!!!

hiya

I'll have to have a look at that book, I have read a couple by my fav was the photography bible - everything was pretty easy to follow and very 'user friendly!'.

how long have you been into photography? I'm just getting started really, taking it slow and just enjoying getting ever so slightly better as I go.

sanz

Most reactions

Back