Hi From Seattle

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by roboticboredom, Oct 12, 2009.

1. roboticboredom

roboticboredom TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    :p HELLO ALL!

Well where to start - i am currently in Seattle, trying to get better at the photography thing - i love taking pictures and take more pictures than most people i know & i had to buy an external HD just to fit them all.

When i saved up some money i got a Nikon D90 - I LOVE IT!!!, i used to have a Pentax slr in high school but it died in a swap years ago (long story involving alligators) :er: and i had been limping around on point and shoots and finally got annoyed with their lack of range.

I'm still re-learning the whole (D)SLR thing and would say its about 50% luck when i do get good photos - but i force myself to use manual settings as much as possible and its getting better! I'll be on here asking all kinds of super-noob questions :lmao: haha
    SO thanks in advance for patience and i look forward to getting to know you all :)

Happy shooting

-Beth

2. Elvin Miradi

Elvin Miradi TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi Beth, welcome.

Yes I'm also forcing myself to use manual setting since all the masters told me to do so. And yes I like it when you said that you get good photos with 50% luck, coz I feel the same too. Still 50% to learn to make our own hands make a good photo and put away that luck factor :).

Nice to meet you, Beth.

3. Sinister_kid

Sinister_kid TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to the boards!!
    Glad to see somebody a little more local on here.

Good luck shooting with the D90 :)