Hi from Virginia

Tim N

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just found your website. Always been an avid point and shooter, but now starting to get a bit more into the DSLR class. Started with a Sony DSC-P72. That became an underwater cam for me later (until it flooded in Cozumel). Then moved on to a Canon A630 that is still firing away. Bought a cheap Kodak Z1285 and underwater bag for my snorkeling adventures. Finally got a Nikon D3000 DSLR for Christmas with a 18-55mm and 55-200mm lens. Still trying to figure it all out. It was purchased for a trip to Sydney, Australia over New Years. So I got to test it out there, not knowing everything about the settings. Could have been better shooting, but still got a few I liked.

I primarily take nature shots at the moment and photos of our trips and vacations. Really interested to learn from everyone here and have some shots critiqued. Also would like to learn more about HDR (loving the gallery of those shots on here). Well, that's about it. Thanks for reading.

Tim

Hi there Tim, and welcome to TPF!

(I'm intrigued by your reference to an underwater bag for your camera while snorkeling. Did it work well? What's it look like?)

The bag is kind of like a heavy duty ziplock. It's very simple and works like any dry bag does. Have not had any problems with it yet, but my old Sony had a Sony housing which flooded. I've placed a link to the bag below. (It's EBay, where I got mine from). It worked very well for me. Took it to Hawaii and the Caribbean. I'll post up a few pictures to show you. (Remember though, $75 cam and $20 bag for recreational snorkeling.)

DiCAPac WP-550 underwater housing case for PDA, phone - eBay (item 120517479925 end time Feb-12-10 07:37:02 PST)

Kodak Z1285 w/ DigiPac Camera Bag
100_0547.jpg

100_0930.jpg

I've got better ones at home, but have access to these now just to show how it works.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hello and welcome to the forum... Ask away, and be willing to show.
Fellow landscaper-nature shooter here...

Dont hesitate to ask, and youll get answers.

Most reactions

Back