Hi from Wisconsin

NinjaPhoner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been lurking since I started checking out reviews for a dslr. Now that I have one, I thought I'd pop in and say hi. I got the D3000 because I wanted a camera that I could take great pictures with out of the box, while building a nice collection of lenses. When my son Russ gets a little older I can pass it on to him.....after I upgrade of course.

Please take a look at my flickr page and c&c, it's only my first day of shooting.... I did use my Minolta X700 quite a bit way back in high school, so I understand the concepts and lingo....but am a bit out of practice.

One thing I'm curious about... is there any way to get the light from the flash to be less harsh while I'm saving up for faster glass / add on flash unit..... and if not which of those should I get first.

hello NinjaPhoner. i'd guess there's probably a flash-compensation option in your camera menus that allows you to reduce the flash's intensity. prioritizing your next purchase depends on what lens you have and which lens you desire next. a decent, external flash with TTL metering may or may not be similar in cost to a better lens compared to the one you currently use. what's your requirement?

Cool... My camera was in Oak Creek just yesterday.

I know I want a 35mm f/1.8 prime, would that be enough to get by with some-what decent indoor lighting? Shooting a baby, five year old, and retarded cat.

I am noticing noise at iso 800+. So I want to shoot for between 1/30 and 1/125 at iso 400 or less with no flash. Any chance that a fast prime will do that, or will the lighting have to be stellar anyway to pull it off?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back