Hi guys, New With old gear

Smilemon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all,
I'm a new photographer/enthusiast with some questions to ask and a few photos to share. I took a photography class at my high school this year and fell in love with photo. I use an Olympus OM-1 and shoot and develop black and white film. I have the 100 mm Zukio lens and a few other lenses but I don't know the specs right off the top of my head.

I recently picked up an omega c-700 color head enlarger for 25 bucks and some other stuff like a tank and reel (nice stainless steel stuff) for like 5 bucks. I'm still in the market for a timer and I need to pick up chemicals and a safe light but I have a light proof bathroom that will work as an armature darkroom/blackroom.

I enjoy playing guitar, piano, ultimate frisbee, working on my 1966 land rover, and other hippie/retro stuff.

This is a photo I snapped at Honalulu Zoo. Not much thought went into it and I didn't bother to test strip the print so the corner is a little under exposed. (this is on a school enlarger and its not the most consistent setup). Anyway. I like to call this Coming and Going, just one of those right place right time shots.

Thanks for looking,
Kyle

Coming%20and%20Going.jpg

Photos.html

Hi Kyle, I'm pretty new here myself and, like you, all my gear is fully manual 35mm with nary a megapixel in sight!
Welcome.
Andrew

Hi Kyle, I'm pretty new here myself and, like you, all my gear is fully manual 35mm with nary a megapixel in sight!
Welcome.
Andrew

I definitely like manual more, I can always use my dads canoscan 8800 to get my pictures to the internet. What kinda camera and lens do you use?

I definitely like manual more, I can always use my dads canoscan 8800 to get my pictures to the internet. What kinda camera and lens do you use?

Nikon F3HP and three prime Nikkors; 28, 50 and 135Ai. I also just ordered an old FE body so I can have one body loaded with b&w film and the other with colour.
I tried the digital thing but I think I have an aversion to plastic cameras; also I just feel there is something magically organic in a silver halide print which digital comes close to but can't quite emulate.

great shot! I think it is awesome that you are all film. I also shooting and develop my own film but use digital in those times when I need quick results but definitely prefer using film.

Also how is fairbanks alaska? it is one place I have always wanted to go, and hopefully I will make it there

My girlfriend took a few semesters of photo classes at school and constantly complained about how many test strips and re-prints she was doing on Ilford Multigrade RC. My advice: switch to a good fiber paper, which generally will have a wider tone-range (read: better ability to hold fine shadow and highlight detail). It makes printing much easier, though you sacrifice some wash and dry time.

I recently picked up an omega c-700 color head enlarger for 25 bucks and some other stuff like a tank and reel (nice stainless steel stuff) for like 5 bucks. I'm still in the market for a timer and I need to pick up chemicals and a safe light but I have a light proof bathroom that will work as an armature darkroom/blackroom.
Photos.html
Congrats on your find.

My darkroom was a small room in my attic, which didn't have running water. I did all my developing in the kitchen using a color drum, using a couple of ounces of developer per print. It worked out well for me, and eliminate a need for a safelight.

Most reactions

Back