Hi, I am pleased to find and join this forum

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Tomboymama, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Tomboymama

Tomboymama TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Well, about me...I am a mom of 3 who loves to take pictures. My kids hate me, especially during family vacations, but I notice they love to pull out the picture albums and boxes and keep score of which one I took the most baby pictures of. I let them hate me and keep snapping away.

My first serious interest in photography was about 20 years ago. I shot film with a Pentax P5 and my favorite lens was a 75-200 4.5. I mostly like to shoot candids of people, but generally enjoy taking pictures of just about anything, landscapes, birds, etc.

About 5-6 years ago, I got a digital Sony Mavica, so quit shooting film due to cost and ease of use with the digital. The digital has been okay, but I seriously missed my telephoto lens. I have not had the cash or the time to invest in a D-SLR until now.

Finally, I am getting a Nikon D40 with 2 kit lenses, 18-55 and 55-200, unfortunately not with the VR, but I am happy anyhow just to get back in the game.

I mostly want to take pictures of the kids, I have one in marching band this year and a senior and will be trying to take my own senior photos.

It has been so long, I feel like an absolute newbie again. I was only very amateur before, so would put myself below that level now. I am brushing up on reading all I can about digital SLR so that when my camera comes this week, I can jump right in.

That is about it for me. Thanks for reading!

2. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome aboard.

3. Doug

Doug TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hello Tomboymama and welcome to the forum.