Hi, I'm new to the forum

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by carlostau, Apr 13, 2008.

1. carlostau

carlostau TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi everybody, my name is Demian. I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself to the group.
    I've had a few digital cameras before (Sony DSC and Lumix) but recently I've acquired a Nilkon D40 with a 18-55 kit lens and an extra 55-200 VR lens.
    So far I'm thrilled with it and with all the posibilities a DSLR opens. I have read quite a lot of material regarding photography and several techniques (Bryan Petersons' Understanding Exposure, seeing creatively, etc.) After some reading I started using more the PSAM modes instead of just pointing and shooting in auto and so far it's been very rewarding.
    Thank you all for taking the time to read this!
    Regards,

2. Rand0m411

Rand0m411 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Welcome to The Photo Forum!

Stay away from auto mode if you can, it will help you learn more about your camera. It was kind of hard for me at first, fumbling around with settings I knew little about. But after reading tons and tons of posts here, reading books and going to full manual, I have been able to learn a ton about my camera and how to properly use it. Matter of fact it was these forums that got me to take the step to full manual.

A simple search will yield you alot of helpful information here. And feel free to post some of your work.

3. carlostau

carlostau TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks. I will!

4. SBlanca

SBlanca TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    welcome, as random said, stay away from auto, during my first few days with my canon i just used the manual modes to mess around with and really quickly using that and this forum i learnt most things

bienvenido

5. STINKY PICTURES

STINKY PICTURES TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hey welcome. As stated above. Don`t use the auto mode. I found on my Canon, my pictures turn out too orange in auto, in natural light. I love using my settings and tweaking settings till i get it right. its so rewarding plus its the only way you`ll learn. Keep reading, this is the best place, the beginners area.

6. saranwrap82

saranwrap82 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome! I am also new here, and new to a DSLR. Looks like we get to learn together. I am just starting to use the manual in my camera and I am falling in love :heart: I am sure you will too, if you are not already!!