Hi, I'm new.

JuliaBug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been lurking to get a feel for TPF to see if I wanted to join or not. I really like all of the constructive feedback that I have seen from the users here. It seems like a great place to learn.

I'm Julia. I have been interested in getting into photography as a hobby for a few months now. I've read a few books and explored the internet. I finally got my new-to-me camera this week. A Nikon D70 with Sigma 18-50mm and Nikkor 70-300mm lenses. I really don't have anything worth posting, yet. I'm working on it and I'll get there soon enough.

Oh, and my spelling is horrible. Forgive me in advance for all of my future errors. I can spell lens though, it's not "lense." :D

Welcome aboard Julia! I have yet to post any of my work on here but still get inspiration from the other members on here. Whenever I'm bored with things or can't think of what to do I come on here and read a few threads and then the next day I find myself shooting again. I always plan to post some of my shots in here but I end up just keeping them in my camera and uploading them to my computers every couple of weeks. I always find myself being disappointed with most of my shots (and I'm not talking about the test shots). Maybe some day I'll post some on here... D70's a nice camera from what I hear. If I ever upgrade from my D40, I'd probably go for a D90 or another newer camera or wait for the full framers to come down in price :lol:.

Edit: BTW, I have found Understanding Exposure to be a good book. Only read maybe 20 pages of it so far but it's already given me a new perspective on things. Do you have any book recommendations from what you've read?

Last edited:
I can spell lens though, it's not "lense." :D

Welcome and thank-you! Yes, the D70 is an excellent camera. I cut my 'digital teeth' on a D70, and have no complaints about it. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

I haven't come across any spectacular books yet, just whatever I could find at my local library. I've heard good things about 'Understanding Exposure." I'll have to check it out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back