Hi! Intro and newbie question..

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I'm new here.. and slightly intimidated :hail: Ive been lurking a few days and am amazed at the shots I've seen around here!

I like to lurk more than I post, I'm a part of a few other message boards and like to take a back seat to reading more than talking. I hope thats OK :)

I am interested in sharing some of my work, but most of my work involves my son and other children I'm close to. (I wouldn't post pics from a random photo session of someone else's kid of course..) But I want to know if there is a way to make it so that a picture that I post is un-right clickable... if that makes sense? Thanks in advance :hugs:

I think there is a way to do it as they do in many websites but all you have to know how to do is freeze whats on your screen and then open it up in a program as simple as Paint which comes with almost all PCs. If what you are getting at is that you don't want anybody to have the ability to "borrow" your picture then I would NOT post it.

Freedbaby

Well even if people can't right click your photo to copy it they can "print screen" and then just crop.. The best defense is to post your picture at 800 pixels or smaller so they can't get a good print out of it.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm a part of a few other message boards and like to take a back seat to reading more than talking. I hope thats OK
That's perfectly fine. I sometimes wish more people did that :er:

I don't think you can protect images that are posted into the forum. If they were protected, they wouldn't show up here.

Are you worried about image theft or privacy?

Hi thanks.. I totally forgot about the screen shot option! And I use screen shots all the time! lol

I guess I'm a bit worried for both (image theft/privacy)

I thikn (like you all) honest critiques are needed though, so I can grow and learn.

Maybe if I hang around longer, I'll feel more comfortable posting them eventually :)

Hi, I'm new here.. and slightly intimidated :hail: Ive been lurking a few days and am amazed at the shots I've seen around here!

I like to lurk more than I post, I'm a part of a few other message boards and like to take a back seat to reading more than talking. I hope thats OK :)

I am interested in sharing some of my work, but most of my work involves my son and other children I'm close to. (I wouldn't post pics from a random photo session of someone else's kid of course..) But I want to know if there is a way to make it so that a picture that I post is un-right clickable... if that makes sense? Thanks in advance :hugs:

My mouse doesn't even have a right-button. (I have a Mac.) However, you post it and I can copy it.

So my next question will be- how do I turn a high res photo to low res?
It's quite easy, if you have the right software. What do you have?

First you will want to resize the image. Reduce it so that it has between 600 & 800 pixels on the longest side. Then save it as a JPEG and set the quality/compression low, to reduce the file size. (make sure you save this as a copy and don't overwrite your original image.

Thank you! I have photoshop CS, and the trial version of lightroom currently. I figured that was what I had to do, but wondered if there was an option uploading them that wouldn't require me to have 2 versions on my computer.. kwim? Knowing me, I will open up the low res file to work on the picture just to find out 2 hours later that its the low res file.

Is there an option in PB to upload as low res..? or a photo uploading site out there that does?

Look at the sticky at the top of this forum about posting pics. It gives several options. Regarding having two files, just create the smaller size, lower resolution jpeg file, post it, and delete the file from your computer. Why keep it when you can recreate it any time from your higher rez original.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back