Hi, let me introduce myself.

PSA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just joined a couple of days ago to get advice about buying my [excited]VERY FIRST CAMERA,[/excited] but I'm really startin' to dig on this place and thought I'd make myself an official member by introducing myself. So, hi, I'm Ellen!

Okay, I am posting these pictures in both galleries because, while I'm a noob just wanting to introduce myself and what I do, I'm also interested in serious critique.

I picked 5 pictures because it seemed like a good number... the first two were taken this winter when my mom bought a digital point and shoot and a began seriously monopolizing it. =D I got so much into it that I got a (high school type) internship at a photo place where they sometimes loaned me an SLR. I've shot about 5 rolls with that now, trying different things. The two night cityscapes were from the roll where I was trying long exposures and the pansies are from the last roll i did, which was my first attempt at cross processing (and I wasn't sure what the colors would do - for some reason I thought they would print as negatives. what a surprise I got!)

These are all as they came out of the camera, no filters, no editting except to crop (which I may have gotten carried away with on this first one...)

cropped.jpg

anchor_bar_cropped.jpg

fultonbridge_cropped.jpg

nightamway_cropped.jpg

xprocpansies_cropped.jpg

thank you! yeah, it just is frustrating to be at the mercy of the camera like that. that's why I'm finally getting a REAL CAMERA. I'm excited.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back