Hi, New Member from D.C.

chogan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
New member here, my name's Cole. However, I'm not new to photography. I took 3 semesters of it in college and shot for the college paper but then I took time off and sort of took focus else where, no pun intended.

I'm a graphic designer by profession, so naturally it's not a terrible idea to know your way around a camera. I shoot with an EOS 7D and my primary lens is a 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS.

My wife and I recently honeymooned in Ireland and I suppose it revived my enjoyment for taking photos. I really have no intention of making a career out of it, I'd just like to better understand my equipment and invest in greater equipment over time. I suppose my end goal would be to have a well rounded assortment of knowledge and equipment to use for when my unborn children are growing up. Something my parents hardly ever did.. take photos.

Welcome. This is a good place to learn and just talk photography.

I have visited Ireland many times. Lots of photo opportunities there.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy

Welcome aboard from a bit south of you.

Nice to have a new member here that isn't right away planning to go pro LOL
Welcome

Last edited:
Welcome Cole,
Lots to learn here, enjoy.
My wife and I both spent a of of time in DC, some great photo opportunities. I really liked it along the C&O Canal and Great Falls.

Welcome to the forum. I can see how your honeymoon would revive your interest. Looking forward to your photos.

Hmm, it won't seem to let me upload photos.

Most reactions

Back