Hi new to the forum

Peniole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
New to dSLR but photography has been a hobby for quite a while. Seems I still can't post attachments yet. Thought I'd say Hi :thumbup:

pier.jpg

Figured it out :D

Just testing how well the new camera does in low light situations (noise levels, espcially with longer exposures)

a little under exposed but I imagine you are happy with the low light possibilities of the camera. Im not at my house so I can't look up your EXIF data, but it seems you didn't open the shutter long enough. I say this because not only are things underexposed, but the carousel doesn't have very much blur to it, expected from a long exposure.

Welcome to the forums, they will be a wealth of knowledge for you!

a little under exposed but I imagine you are happy with the low light possibilities of the camera. Im not at my house so I can't look up your EXIF data, but it seems you didn't open the shutter long enough. I say this because not only are things underexposed, but the carousel doesn't have very much blur to it, expected from a long exposure.

Welcome to the forums, they will be a wealth of knowledge for you!

Thanks. Yup I agree not long enough, no tripod handy, hand shot :blushing:

I had a question. I'm used to the vBulliten format, but how do I get the home page to show "new posts/todays posts" without having to go through the different forums.

Welcome to the Forum.

I had a question. I'm used to the vBulliten format, but how do I get the home page to show "new posts/todays posts" without having to go through the different forums.
On the top of the page, you will see the controls...'User CP, FAQ, Forum'...etc. Along the way is "New Posts". Also, under 'Quick Links' you will find 'Today's Posts'.

welcome to the forum :)

seems not too underexposed to me ... i was a dark scene and as such the image maybe carries the mood of that moment! just crop away a bit of the very dark areas in the lower part, maybe to a 2x1 crop, and it will look nice I guess.

click the "New Posts" button on the User CP bar??? I dont know, Im not very familiar with all the functions of Vbulletin.

What shutter speed did you use?

EXIF data:

f/3.8
Exposure 1/6 sec
ISO 100
Focal length 18mm

Thanks for all the replies, great forum you have here :)

Don't have any shots I'm really proud of yet, it's a fairly new camera and not used to all the ins and outs yet. I have a couple I like from my old olympus 3.2MP digicam, let me know what yout think about these (the jaggedness and noise are painful in comparison I know)...

Westminster.jpg

ChicagoSkyline.jpg

Most reactions

Back