HI!! & Question!!!

DKT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm John, i'm new to the forum and this is my first post of course. i'm no pro photographer or any crazy camera fanatic or anything like that...i'm just your averageIJoe who likes to take nice pictures of interesting things i see daily.

little about me:
20, Student, no professional experience in photography...just basic P&S photo's, know a bit of photoshop...pretty much it lol

my question:
i'm in the market for a new camera...and a friend of mine recommended the Canon S90, Sony Wx1, and the Panasonic LX3. i currently live in Canada Ontario Toronto, and the prices are @ futureshop and Bestbuy are:
S90 - $529 + tax = $598
Wx1 - $429 + tax = $489
LX3 - $569 + tax = $643
So i was thinking about buying anyone of those...but then all of a sudden i was shopping around one day and i found a shop (not a big company...independent store) which was selling for:
s90 - $525 Tax Incl.
wx1 - $400 Tax Incl.
LX3 - $550 Tax Incl.
So my question is...Is it possible to have a FAKE lens? or Fake Camera?
if not..how can this independant shop sell it for so cheap!?!?!?!
should i get it at this shop? or no?
Which camera should i get of the 3?

Thanks a bunch!! sorry for so many questions

Welcome aboard.

If you can walk into the shop and buy the camera for a lower price, then go for it. It's very unlikely they have 'fake' cameras/lenses.
If this 'independent' store is something you found on the internet...then you might have reason to be wary.

Best Buy and FutureShop have never been the best places to buy cameras at the lowest prices. If you are talking about an independent camera shop in Toronto, it has probably been around much, much, longer that either Best Buy or FutureShop.

skieur

ok...well the store has been there for quite awhile now...probably 8 years? so i'd assume its legit....could it be possible that this camera does not have warranty in Canada, since its so cheap or something like that? maybe only warranty in the states?

if youre ready to drop that kind of cash on a cam, and you think it's a hobby that you would like to continue and expand on...i would say get an entry level DSLR.

you can feel comfortable with used items from places like KEH.com, adorama.com, and bhphoto.com

you'll be able to get yourself a nice kit to start with and go from there. :D

welcome to the forums btw!

ok...well the store has been there for quite awhile now...probably 8 years? so i'd assume its legit....could it be possible that this camera does not have warranty in Canada, since its so cheap or something like that? maybe only warranty in the states?

What camera store are you talking about?

skieur

Most reactions

Back