Hi there!

PhotoBug83

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My name is Ashley, and I'm a newish amateur photog. I've been taking pictures for a few years but mainly of my dogs and my in-laws' farm, and now my own children as well. I just got a Canon Rebel T1i and so far I love it, although I am intimidated by it lol. I'd love some hints on using it and getting the most use of it. My main goal is taking personal pictures and such, as I don't see myself ever starting a business. I'm way too disorganized for any of that. :lol: Anyway, hello!

Hello Ashley and welcome to the forum

I have aT1i. You asked for a few points.

1. RTB - as my father-inlaw has said to me many times, Read The Book.
The manual has lots of great info. There are also other books specifically about the camera that can add to it. If you do not want to spend money on the book, there are lots of reference to this camera on the web.

2. Practice - shoot, shoot and shoot some more. Get to know what the menu and buttons do. It is almost impossible to hurt the camera by experimenting.

3. Ask questions once you start working with the camera. Be patient when asking questions sometimes it takes a while for responses.

4. Go to Canon's website, there is a forum there as well that has lots of people who know the camera. And there is other good stuff at the site. Register your camera as well.

Good luck and stop back once in a while!

Thank you for the tips! I have shooting away (took over 800 pics in the first too days lol) but the book has evaded me. I was talking with a friend who is a photog and got some good tips from her as well. She also told me to read my book lol. I will check out the Canon site. Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back