Hi y'all from Indiana

Taceas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sleepyhollowherps.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really hate talking about myself, but here goes...

Hi, I'm Misty from Indiana. I've been a dabbler in photography for a few years now. No official schooling or training, mostly one of those "thank goodness for digital because I know THAT setting just doesn't work right!" and try again types.

I don't think I'm anywhere near as good as some of the pictures I've seen in here, but someday I hope to be somewhere in the ballpark as far as quality goes. Right now most of my great shots seem to be literal accidents.

I mainly joined up after getting my second digital camera (a Nikon D80) and its got more functionality than my first ever dreamed about, and I'd like to learn how to improve my skills with a lot less headache involved. I'd just like to be able to look at a situation and instinctively know what settings to use to maximize the effect. But I guess everyone has to start out somewhere, eh?

My hobbies besides photography is corn snake breeding and sellingl farm eggs. One of these might pan out as a career. ;)

ButterflyCrop.jpg

Well, you're a night owl aren't you? It's only midnight on the west coast, but it must be 2 am in indiana.

Welcome to the forum. I think that with all the exposure to great pics on this site, you'll quickly learn what camera settings yield good results for certain situations.

That's a beautiful pic you have here. Very colorful. I also skimmed through your website, and while I'm not crazy about snakes, I've got to admit that they are very pretty.

Ooooh! Nice!! I used to have a tarantula spider as a pet, long time ago.Welcome aboard, Misty!

Most reactions

Back