Hi!

Torus34

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Name's Jim.

I make photographs in B&W using 35mm and 6x6cm gear. My primary interest: composition and lighting. My interest in commenting on equipment is at the same level as a writer's interest in discussing typewriters or word processors. I've used the same films, developers and enlarger for many years.

I'll scan and contribute as best I can on B&W, including Zone setting and gear calibration.

If I've a motto, it's probably Chaucer's "And gladly would he learn, and gladly teach." [The Clark, Canterbury Tales.]

Welcome to the forum, Jim! :)

Your setup sounds intriguing. I laughed at your comment about discussing gear, but I still like to know what folks are using, especially when I see a drop-dead gorgeous B&W shot. I am interested in knowing about all kinds of film/developer combos. :thumbup:

Hope to see you posting your stuff soon, I look forward to it!

Torus34 said:
My interest in commenting on equipment is at the same level as a writer's interest in discussing typewriters or word processors.
So I won't impress you if I say I use a Remington Portable for quick notes and an IBM Golfball for more formal writing?
Don't like these new-fangled digital word processors though. Anyone can write using one of those.
Welcome to TPF

Hi Jim, welcome to TPF. Glad you could join us.

Most reactions

Back