Hidden "Likes"

Donde

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I notice that in some cases "likes" may be posted just below a posted photo but not appear next to the post in the forum index. Why is that?

I've never noticed that.

I have observed that a number of times and wonder why it is. Currently for example I have a post on the "people" forum titled "Lunch Date". Below the photo there are two "likes" however when I see the post listed in the "People" index the likes do not appear next to the title of the post as they do on other posts.

Last edited:
Because you can't "Like" your own post, it doesn't appear. I think.

I have observed that a number of times and wonder why it is. Currently for example I have a post on the "people" forum titled "Lunch Date". Below the photo there are two "likes" however when I see the post listed in the "People" index the likes do not appear next to the title of the post as they do on other posts.

I took a look at your thread, and I see what you're saying. There are several other threads in that forum that do show the amount of likes (but only in the first post in the thread), but yours does not. I agree it seems odd - different browsers, perhaps?

I took a look at your thread, and I see what you're saying. There are several other threads in that forum that do show the amount of likes (but only in the first post in the thread), but yours does not. I agree it seems odd - different browsers, perhaps?
I might be making this up, but I *think* the likes only show there when there are 3 or more?

Hey, you could be on to something! Give the guy a Like and let's test that hypothesis. ;)

I might be making this up, but I *think* the likes only show there when there are 3 or more?

Exactly that. Thanks for clearing this up - I've never noticed till this post. :)

Hey, you could be on to something! Give the guy a Like and let's test that hypothesis. ;)
I probably should have done that, haha. :confused:

Maybe it probably is my server. I looked at the site using another one and the likes appeared.

No that wasn't it. The mysterious disappearance of likes in the index where my posts are involved continues.

Ok I see now that no posts with one or two likes have a visible "like" thumb next to their post in the index. So the likes are invalid as far as the index goes until they reach three. Obviously the site owners get to make up any rules they want for the forum but this one seems odd. I wonder what the rational is. Maybe "three strikes you're in"? Good of them though to let you keep all your "likes" in your sidebar.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back