Hidden Temple (not HDR/pp done in LR)

soul.glo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
_MG_4902.jpg

The halo around the temple is rather distracting, a bit overdone on the sharpening.

I don't know why that happens. No sharpening on this pic. The halo annoys me as well. Any thoughts on how to fix or avoid? Thanks!

I love the colors... Where is this?

That halo is no result of sharpening but of your attempts to tonemap this photo by selectively lighting up the temple and temple grounds and by either leaving the sky untouched or giving the sky its extra treatment. You pulled the highlights of the ground too high and since you feathered your line well to have smooth transitions, those highlights also lit up that tiny part of the sky around the temple.

Happens to me so often when I try to tonemap LR pics, and often the subsequent use of the burn tool looks bad ... to the consequence that you can only push your tonemapping so-and-so far, but no further, if you do NOT want to create any halos.

ysou pushed the contrast i the sky rather far, that can lead to halos of the kind we see here.

Very aggressive impression, but I do like the complementary colours blue and yellow. I probably would not put it up on the wall in my living room, but I like it in a way.

well i found that pic beautiful..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back