high contrast

errant_star

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jenkanderson.com
pic of my sister i converted to b&w, upped the contrast, added a slight diffuse glow and bluish tint

am I alone in liking the high contrast of it? figure I'd like some feedback before i show her

lons-contrast.jpg

thanks in advance for all comments :D

blown out areas intentional btw

I think its a great photo. Has a cool feeling to it.. I'm thinking of some word, but can't get it right now.. Maybe later..

Besides the contrast (which I like).. I think her expression is great.. I think she'll like it.

It can be a neat effect, but with it lit directly from the front it looks like an accident, like so often happens with on-camera flash. I think it would come out better with lighting from the side.

markc said:
It can be a neat effect, but with it lit directly from the front it looks like an accident, like so often happens with on-camera flash. I think it would come out better with lighting from the side.

I agree!

thanks for your comments & suggestions mark c, chrism & sillyphaunt :D

I totally agree with the shadow but we were limited in lighting ... no on camera flash but overhead ceiling light and a floor lamp were used ... will have to try and even it out next time!

I like it. :)

Maybe crop the image to it even it up a bit.
It looks like the photo has gone a shade of blue aswell. :?

I love blown out skin tones. As was mentioned the lighting should have better direction and a little softer. Try one without the difuse glow and use Gausian blur instead.

nice pic, is she single? ;)

I agree with gaussian blur perhaps use it in conjunction with d. glow. I like the positioning of shot in the lower corner.

I agree with the shadows, don't think a reshoot is nessessary for this you can probably tweak the shadows out here in pshop. Good shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back