High quality ultra-wide angle DX lens

I have the Nikon 10-24mm and I love it. The reason I bought it over the Tokina 11-16 was because of the additional zoom. I didn't need a 2.8 for a landscape...

Then if your only prerequisite is good glass, you aren't going to do much better than the Nikkor 14-24/2.8.

i was just looking at some photos that were said to be taken with the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX II lens that people posted on amazon and most of them looked extremely good. but there were only a few photos posted. when i copied and pasted the lens name and info it made a bigger font, sorry. lol

next i read a few reviews of this lens and they were all very good. looks like a 500 USD lens the one review compared it to the nikon 12-24 f/4 and it looked like it took much better photos than the nikon.

might be something to look into

Please don't take my discontent as this being a bad lens. I'm nit-picking and pixel peeping. If you can afford the 11-16 and you like the images you see that were taken with it, then buy it by all means. That is what i did, and i loved my 11-16 for the longest time.

........... So I need a lens that is much wider than the 18-35, something between 11-16 millimeters.

.........That is what i did, and i loved my 11-16 for the longest time.

I'm officially confused now.
BillCosby-2.gif

You've been confused from the start.:beguiled: (probably my fault:biggrin-new:)

Notice that i used past tense.

You've been confused from the start.:beguiled: (probably my fault:biggrin-new:)

Notice that i used past tense.

Yeah,..... I've been confused since the Eisenhower administration.

Get a D800 used and a 16-35 f4 VRII. Impressively sharp. And lots of megapixels.

Do it.

I don't like used. The d7100 should arrive tomorrow. I'm itching to go shoot again, been cameraless for the past month.

I don't like used. The d7100 should arrive tomorrow. I'm itching to go shoot again, been cameraless for the past month.

Seems foolish. I've saved thousands by buying used. Thousands.

Seems foolish. I've saved thousands by buying used. Thousands.

Amen. Most of my glass (18 of 22) is used. That's easily paid for a couple of new bodies.

Relaible manual focusing isn't always the best thing on cameras that have a very small viewfinder like the motorless lower end bodies. I had great difficulties with it.

You don't need the viewfinder. Turn on live view, zoom in to 100% and you can focus more accurately than your AF. Works best on a tripod but can still be done without. All you need is a little extra time.

Most reactions

Back