High res. c-d question.

cailinp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So another question from the computer dummy.

I shoot in RAW...I then import my photos into LR, do my editing, export to my pc as a JPEG and then upload some to Flickr. When I view my photos in my Windows photo viewer it is at a much poorer res than flickr. I understand why this is but what I'm wondering is when I give a disc to someone and they have the photos printed how will they look. Are they going to look as they do in flickr on on windows. Also, how would I go about making a high res c-d of images. I have LR set to 300dpi if that helps any.

TIA

That will depend on a number of variables. First are you saving that .jpg files at the highest possible quality? If not, start doing that.

With respect to their appearance on other computers, it will depend on the type of monitor, the colour profile and whether they're being viewed in a 'colour aware' application (That is an application which understands colour profiling and renders the image according to the colour data embedded in it).

As far as 'making' a high-resolution CD, simply process the RAW files in the normal manner, making your adjustments in Lightroom, save as .TIF files if further editing in Photoshop or other such applications is required, and then, when ALL of your editing is done, save the .tif file as the highest possible quality .jpg.

That's all there is to it.

That will depend on a number of variables. First are you saving that .jpg files at the highest possible quality? If not, start doing that.

With respect to their appearance on other computers, it will depend on the type of monitor, the colour profile and whether they're being viewed in a 'colour aware' application (That is an application which understands colour profiling and renders the image according to the colour data embedded in it).

As far as 'making' a high-resolution CD, simply process the RAW files in the normal manner, making your adjustments in Lightroom, save as .TIF files if further editing in Photoshop or other such applications is required, and then, when ALL of your editing is done, save the .tif file as the highest possible quality .jpg.

That's all there is to it.

I have looked through LR several times and can't figure out how to save at the "highest quality" jpeg. I have it set to 300 dpi. thats all though.

I have looked through LR several times and can't figure out how to save at the "highest quality" jpeg. I have it set to 300 dpi. thats all though.

jpeg_quality.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back