High School Blues

TheFinisher3 said:
Well you guys have sure made me feel better! Just a little bit. :lol:
This should make you feel better. I'm taking 5 highschool classes until noon. Then I drive 30 miles, take 3 college classes, drive back and get home at 9pm. But on Wednesdays and Fridays I have 2 classes and get home at 6pm. :shock:

darin3200 said:
This should make you feel better. I'm taking 5 highschool classes until noon. Then I drive 30 miles, take 3 college classes, drive back and get home at 9pm. But on Wednesdays and Fridays I have 2 classes and get home at 6pm. :shock:
:cokespit:

hey.. what are those credits in hight school? we had just marks. you get 5 when you wrote a test perfectly and you got 1 when you spoiled. if you have most 1s for the tests in a subject you fail... and you have to repeat the year. ...so you have to pass everything... and we had 11 subjects in term.... for 3 years.

high school sucked. Rest easy knowing university is much more enjoyable.

Oh and you get out of school at 2:15?!?!?! When do you start?! We didn't get out till 3:30.

Mentos, it is very similar over here, except the points/credits are given out on the completion (50+ or 60+ depending on the school) of the course. Larger course (in my case) are worth 5 credits and smaller courses are 3 credits. It is an all or nothing situation ;)

All my life from pre-k to 10th grade, I went to school from 9am to 3:30pm. Now I go from 7:20am to 2:30pm.

I'm pretty sure that if I can survive this year, college won't be as tough as I thought.

TheFinisher3 said:
All my life from pre-k to 10th grade, I went to school from 9am to 3:30pm. Now I go from 7:20am to 2:30pm.

I'm pretty sure that if I can survive this year, college won't be as tough as I thought.
Yeah, 9-330 seems pretty standard. I had that from k-6. Starting in 7th grade, though, we go to 7:20-2:05 through 12th grade. As much as I'd like to be able to sleep in a little every day on the 9-330 system, I wouldn't be able to keep up with sports and a job during the school year not getting out until 330.

going to school at 7:20 is ridiculous. Teenagers need sleep (I'm saying this from a scientific point of view, not an "I like sleep" point of view), so making them go to school early only leads to them paying less attention and therefore doing worse. 8:30 was too early for me when I was in high school.

My entire life, all the way through school it was 8:00-3:00. Man, I wish it was 9-3:30! If I could have had another hour's sleep I wouldn't have failed first period history that first semester I started working!! :shock:

7:30 to 2 is our schedule here. And we have a stupid 7 point grading system where a 92 is a B. We're cool, eh? Too bad my worst grade this year was a 97. *sniffle* :p

Starting this fall, my high school will be moving the start time up to 8:00 from 8:15 (yeah it's a small difference, but it was sill enough to tick a bunch of kids off lol). Luckily I've already graduated from there and am done with that school ;-)

The bad news, though, is that I'm going to have an 8:00 class this semester in college. But the good news is it's only on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back