High school photoj- Move from XT to 1D?

lkWinnipesaukee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

I'm the photo editor and a photojournalist for my high school paper. I absolutely love sports photography, and some people I talk to love my sports photos.

I find that I'm severely limited when shooting with my XT which is only 3fps, and was toying with the idea of selling the XT and getting a used 1D (yes, the original) off ebay for about the same price. 8fps is far better than 3, and X-sync of 1/500 is better than whatever the XT is. ;)

The only issue (at least the only one I'm aware of) would be the 4mp sensor. I don't know if 4.15 would yield big enough pictures for things like non-sports photos, portraits, and vacation photos.

Are there other disadvantages of the 1D compared to the XT? Someone help me out PLEASE! I was only 10 when the 1D came out! :lol:

Thanks!

I think that you would get worse photos if you did that. The noise reduction has come a long way, and higher resolution is always better. FPS is not how you get good shots, anticipation is. You can have 12 FPS and still not capture what you wanted to.

I would save up until you can get the 40D or something like that. You will get much better results.

IMO, Scott is right.... stick with the XT.

If your final print is newspaper, then the 4mp 1D will be an advantage... otherwise... stick with the XT.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back