High Voltage Exposures

sepulker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is a new thing that me and my friend tried... what we did was use a digital camera with a long shutter speed (10-15 seconds) and filmed high voltage discharges in the dark. Then we started using other things, like flashlights and night-vision goggles that I made. Take a look

By the way, all photos are unaltered in any way, no color enhancement or anything (except for resizing). ENjoy!

electricskeleton.jpg

Electric Skeleton

flaming_buddha.jpg

Flaming Buddha

demolition.jpg

Demolition

aurora.jpg

Aurora (using a common 40W light bulb)

meditation.jpg

Meditation (my friend sat still as I painted with a flashlight)

blindingspirits.jpg

Blinding Spirits

orb.jpg

The Orb (this one took a few tries)

I have a lot more pictures (and more of these to come) at www.abiscus.com

Feel free to visit! Thanks

-Nate

whoa! these are cool. very creative. you've created some great effects, love your titles, too.

"Blinding Spirits" is trippy... it reminds me of the last scene in "indiana jones and the raiders of the lost ark"...

i wanna see more... :mrgreen:

These are absolutely amazing...this is mainly what photography is...experminting.

Please explain to me how you did this, a good job again! to you and your friend!

JTHphoto: Thanks! Yeah I think I know what you're talking about... i can see it. There is more at www.abiscus.com, but I am still working on the site. Were planning on doing more of this, but finding better stages (instead of a living room) like making ghosts in old abandon sheds and factories.

Mercury149: Thanks!

deveel: Thank you, im glad to have joined.

Calliope: Thank you very much!

Artemis: We basically used a very long shutter-speed (digital delay) and used a dark space as a 3D canvas in a way. Then I used the discharges from flyback drivers, HV capacitors, arcs, and flashlights to produce images.

M @ k o: Thanks for the kind words! The last one kind of does smack of something you would see in asian art, as your screenname reminds me.

Very cool stuff. I really dig the last shot.
Welcome to the forum.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back