<Higher> Water Flows..

scole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scolephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One of the great things about photography is that you can keep returning to the same location but experience a whole different environment. Last week, I stopped by Deception Falls for some photos (http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143795) but decided to return again since some of my photos had water/rain drops on the lens.

One week later, I went back. The timing of this trip coincided with the peak of a heavy rain storm that brought some moderate flooding to the lowlands (and mountain streams). The sound and force of the water flow was awesome. I couldn't re-shoot any of my previous shots but that just opened the door to a whole new slew of opportunities. The best thing was being able to enjoy it in complete solitude. Over the hour and a half I was there, I only saw two others for a brief moment. By comparison, later on as I passed it again on my way home, a half dozen cars were now present in the area.

Now the photos...

#1 The Upper Falls in full force

415403670_GgxdY-L.jpg

#2 Side Channel below the lower falls in full flow

415402418_ZrJ8W-XL.jpg

#3 Alternate view of #2...

415403036_cX4u5-XL.jpg

#4 Moss encrusted forest

415402992_KKErL-XL.jpg

#5 Fallen leaves in a pool of rain water

415403753_4pBCk-L.jpg

#6 Martin Creek and a bridge along the Old Cascade Highway

Originally I tried to frame the photo to exclude the bridge but ended up liking it as part of the composition...

415402701_tZ3vf-XL.jpg

Thanks!..

I really like the composition on #3, feels like you can step right into the scene. Thanks for sharing.

I like #4 Moss encrusted forest and #5 fallen leaves in a pool of rain water.

I really like all of these.... I am heading up to the poconos this weekend and was planing on spending some time shooting a stream very similar to yours. Your work/style will be with me through out the day. Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

Back