Highover Wildlife Sanctuary(South Africa)

Hadeda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's some photos I took at Highover Wildlife Sanctuary(South Africa) a while ago :)
3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

28.jpg

Some lovely shots however, they seem a little underexposed and have a blue hue about them? Do you know the settings you used when taking these and what type of film did you use?

I have to agree with Melanie - lovely shots, but technically something is not right -- I agree more info please

(are these film or digital shots?)
Also - well done with that last shot - you must have had to get close to have got that!

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

As others have said, nice pics, but they seem a bit hazy. Did you do any post processing on them? They may just need a 'levels' adjustment to get rid of that.

Some lovely shots however, they seem a little underexposed and have a blue hue about them? Do you know the settings you used when taking these and what type of film did you use?
I noticed that blue tint, how do you recommend getting rid of it? :(

At that time I was using a Canon Powershot S3 IS and learning how to shoot on the manual mode.
I have to agree with Melanie - lovely shots, but technically something is not right -- I agree more info please

(are these film or digital shots?)
Also - well done with that last shot - you must have had to get close to have got that!
They are digital shots :) That deer was a bit tamer than the others :D
These remind me of last summer, I spent most of it around Africa, including South Africa.
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

As others have said, nice pics, but they seem a bit hazy. Did you do any post processing on them? They may just need a 'levels' adjustment to get rid of that.

hmm do you have any software on the computer for editing shots? Something like GIMP or photoshop elements?
*shout up if you have elements - I know how to use that!*
but for general advice - look for the "levels" feature in your editing software and get it to auto set the levels

hmm do you have any software on the computer for editing shots? Something like GIMP or photoshop elements?
*shout up if you have elements - I know how to use that!*
but for general advice - look for the "levels" feature in your editing software and get it to auto set the levels

Edit: Darn slow connection states that it will take a hour to download :(

like Antarctican said all it needed was a change in the levels - this is what elements did - I just ran auto levels and nothing else

28c.jpg

also something that I find especially usefull (very much so with furry and feathery things) is the unsharpen mask - which does exactly the opposite of what you think it does by name. Most digital shots need a bit of additional sharpening in the computer and when you resize a shot its also good to add some more sharpening to compensate for the blurr of reducing the size
http://www.ronbigelow.com/articles/sharpen1/sharpen1.htm
some good info

like Antarctican said all it needed was a change in the levels - this is what elements did - I just ran auto levels and nothing else

also something that I find especially useful (very much so with furry and feathery things) is the unsharpen mask - which does exactly the opposite of what you think it does by name. Most digital shots need a bit of additional sharpening in the computer and when you resize a shot its also good to add some more sharpening to compensate for the blurr of reducing the size
http://www.ronbigelow.com/articles/sharpen1/sharpen1.htm
some good info
It sure does make a difference indeed:) Thanks for the good advice :)

Thats ok - show us what you come up with :)
*its also usefull to note down the settings you used - some adjust things that you can't see unless you really look for it - others there are some "optimal" working areas*

I wonder if it was your WB setting..

Thats ok - show us what you come up with :)
*its also usefull to note down the settings you used - some adjust things that you can't see unless you really look for it - others there are some "optimal" working areas*
Just had a look at the Gimp Portable... Looks quite complex and need quite a lot of getting used to
boltbd8.gif

I wonder if it was your WB setting..
I think that might be one of the key areas of what caused the tint :blushing:

Most reactions

Back