Highspeed: dancing drops.

frans_vdm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
For this experiment I have used a loudspreaker, tonegenerator and timermodule. On the front of the loudspreaker, I have put a half balloon. Look at the drawing for the detail. Put the color drops on the rubber. Start the timer and the generator together and after the timerdelay of 65msec enable the flash.
The results :

lab_1725.jpg

lab_1726.jpg

lab_1727.jpg

dancing_droplet.jpg

More pictures on my web:

http://users.skynet.be/fotoopa
menue Highspeed photography
--> Dansende druppels

Frans

now that is just too cool mate! And a diagram for how it all works! fantastic, i love the dancing water drops!

Do they dance differently with different types of music? :scratch: ;)

vonnagy said:
now that is just too cool mate! And a diagram for how it all works! fantastic, i love the dancing water drops!

Do they dance differently with different types of music? :scratch: ;)
Thanks for the replay.
Hum, yes but only one tone is in resonance! and the perfect tone is very small. Therefore you have to regulate the tone before the capture.

Frans.

Very creative frans_vdm! Have you tried these shots with motion blur? I'm curious as to how they might turn out...

Harpper said:
Very creative frans_vdm! Have you tried these shots with motion blur? I'm curious as to how they might turn out...
Good idea Harpper,
Now I have used a short flash time to capture sharp images, of course a motion blur could be very nice! Here the flashtime was about 200 usec. For a motion blur you need something like 2 msec or full flash power.
I will try this today! Thanks for the nice idea!

Thanks also manda, Shark and mrsid99 for the replay.

Frans

Frans, you really do some wonderful experiments with your coloured water drops! I've seen the first example from a couple of days ago, too!

Your second photo here looks like a party in full swing, I like that best and must show it to my daughter, she'll be all fascinated!

I am, too, mostly so because I could never take pictures like this - apart from the fact that I haven't got the equipment, I would not know where to begin! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back