Hii ... Just joined.

Hi JennEcho --
Glad you're bringing your unique eye to the galleries and your voice to the conversation. Welocme!

Welcome. You will fit in very well. :)

She's already discovered we're a fast-talking, happy bunch of drinkers.... :lol:

Welcome! Happy to have you join us!

thanks! It's a relief to find a group of people who are not normal - JUST LIKE ME! wooooohooooooo!

She's already discovered we're a fast-talking, happy bunch of drinkers.... :lol:

I'm ready to party! Any takers for hard cider? :) Home made, smooth, and packs a kick, too!

thanks! It's a relief to find a group of people who are not normal - JUST LIKE ME! wooooohooooooo!

I'm ready to party! Any takers for hard cider? :) Home made, smooth, and packs a kick, too!
Whew - I bet it does! Keep some food around so we don't fall over too fast; that's all I ask! :lol:

Whew - I bet it does! Keep some food around so we don't fall over too fast; that's all I ask! :lol:

{looks in the fridge} hmm {looks in pantry} I've got some pasta, and some tuna, and more pasta. I think I can whip up something to eat. :)

:thumbup: Welcome to TPF! :camera:

There are no photography rules, but there are visual art guidelines that have developed gradually through trial and error over a couple of thousand years.
It is a waste time re-inventing them all.
Like just about any endeavor, there are certain fundamentals to learn that one can then build upon.

Put another way, it's more efficient to understand how and why the guidelines exist before you start stepping outside them.
Pablo Picaso's father was an art teacher. Pablo had to demonstrate mastery of the fundamentals before his dad cut him loose.

:thumbup: Welcome to TPF! :camera:

There are no photography rules, but there are visual art guidelines that have developed gradually through trial and error over a couple of thousand years.
It is a waste time re-inventing them all.
Like just about any endeavor, there are certain fundamentals to learn that one can then build upon.

Put another way, it's more efficient to understand how and why the guidelines exist before you start stepping outside them.
Pablo Picaso's father was an art teacher. Pablo had to demonstrate mastery of the fundamentals before his dad cut him loose.

I never took an art class, but I know good art when I see it, so I guess that helps me appreciate the beauty that others produce. I really do enjoy all of it.

Most reactions

Back