hiking trip photos...c&c please

ATXshots

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple photos I took this weekend on our hike. How is my editing?

I know part of #2 is 'blown out'...how do you prevent that (besides shooting at a different time). Does it totally ruin the photo?

3039384236_c6140e71d2.jpg

3038518917_e42f87f4cb.jpg

I really like the first one. I don't think the second is "ruined" but it does hurt it a little in my opionion.

To fix it, I will either bracket the shot and use HDR, or just put the different exposures together and paint in the blown out areas from another layer.

Others may have more ideas for you :)

I really like the first one. I don't think the second is "ruined" but it does hurt it a little in my opionion.

To fix it, I will either bracket the shot and use HDR, or just put the different exposures together and paint in the blown out areas from another layer.

Others may have more ideas for you :)

Oh thats a great idea...thanks :)...but what does bracketing the shot mean?

I stole this off of the web:
It means you have the ability to be able to take three shots of the same scene each with differing exposure, white balance or flash values. One is taken with a correct exposure according to the metering setting on your camera, one is underexposed and one is overexposed.
The under and over exposed shots can be taken within a range of + or - 3 stops either way with half stop increments.

Most DSLR cameras have the ability to capture these different shots for you. On my D70s, it is a button with two little overlapping squares. My D300 it is in the menus, but I assigned it to a function button.

I'm not sure if the camera you have has this ability, but you can always manually shoot it.

Most reactions

Back