Hilarious Pony

warped_baller

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
parisfunny5gc.jpg

This is my sisters pony "Paris".

I took this photo when she was begging for a apple. I blurred the background for a more dramatic effect.

Comments? Suggestions?

Impression of Mr. Ed I see ;) Great photo and I personally really look the blurring effect you added on this photo. Adds even a more 'silly' look.

As a further critique, I wisht he ear tip was included, and possibly taken as a vertical shot, but this was probably a 'spur of the moment' shot, so unavoidable. Priceless

well it really doesn't work for me, especially the blur. it just looks like it was unclear. also, a little colour magic would be welcome. i'm sorry but this pic really doesn't have what it takes.

Peanuts: Thanks, yea it was one of those spur of the moment shots. Vertical cropped would look better but its one of those shots thats got to be quick because its indoors without a lot of light and the horse moves alot so yea. Thanks

Eydryan: Can you tell me what you mean by color magic and why the blur doesn't work for you. It doesn't really tell me anything about how to do it better next time or how to improove. Thats why i posted this photo so i can improove by critique. I won't improove by "this pic really doesn't have what it takes" or "well it really doesn't work for me" Thanks.

ok, so the colours look washed out, maybe if you saturate them a bit, you could get that shiny brown that is a nice colour for horses :) also, because of the blur it seems as if a the picture was set on a longer exposure and moved and b it dulls the colours. how to remove the blur well you can't.

and what i mean by "it doesn't work for me" is that you can manage to create a sense for your photos, see beyond the pride that it's yours and the funny part of the pic. your goal must be perfection and, honestly, this is far from perfect. don't be upset at me now because im say this but you have sent this here as a photograph. which it kinda isn't. it's more of a snapshot. learn to judge your stuff objectively and you'll be better off :)

The blurry look below the horses head makes the attention draw near to the horse. I think that the blurry background of the horse makes the picture funny, because you are no longer looking at the thinks around the horse but the funny face the horse is making.

you would be correct IF the face of the horse were visible. But it's not, it has a bar on it, which links us to the background, we want to know where the bar comes from and why it's there and the blur just frustrates me. and to me, it doesn't really look funny, it looks scary, i mean poor horse scarry. i dunno, but i say the blur doesn't help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back