hillside cabin

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by JohnMF, May 25, 2005.

1. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

hi

i have mixed feeling about this photo, i over exposed it quite a bit and this is my attempt at trying to salavage it.

Do you think the clouds have became too flat?

do you think i should have zoomed closer to the cabin and could the crop be improved?

any other opinions appreciated

thanks

[​IMG]

2. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    the crop seems nice to me (we will see what others say). it does seem a little overexposed, the sky too over the horizon. you did pretty well fixing it up, now most of it just seems like a normal high contrast photo.

3. meotter

meotter TPF Noob!

i think the composition is good the way it is... is it possible to reshoot with lower exposure? the overexposure causes you to lose too much of the background towards the stones. i can barely make out the clouds there, or is that more mountainous scenery in the background? i don't know that you can fix this photo anymore then you have. otherwise, it's a nice shot.

4. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

i believe the crop is perfect...the space provided in this image gives us a feel for the area. the clouds in the horizon do look a bit flat and the overall image is overexposed IMO. since you're already tweaking this, burn the areas you feel are blown out as they should come back to life.

5. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

ok , thanks,

They are clouds in the background meotter, but it is hard to tell, thats probibly the worst exposed bit

6. meotter

meotter TPF Noob!

yea, burn the photo!!!! BURN IT!!!!! in PS that is... i think that will help seperate the clouds & the sky a bit more... as well as the rocks that meet the clouds in the sky

7. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

lol,