Hip, hip... hippo-ray!

altyfc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
grumeti-hippo-large.jpg

Aaron

OhHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh man you nailed that one ...i LOVE this pic the only thing i wish is that it was a bit bigger , i would consider myself very lucky to get a pic this good !!!!!!!!!!! Way to GO!!

"What a mouth! What a mouth! What a North and South!
"Blimey, what a mouth he's got"! :lol:

Great catch. I've been looking at it for a while and can't help thinking it would look "even better" if you cropped it so he appears a little bigger. Either a vertical or horizontal crop, which ever you prefer, but with the hippo below and to the left of center. This is just a suggestion, not a criticism as you've done really well just to have caught the moment.

This one of the very first photos I took when on honeymoon earlier this year. With the original, I am actually quite some distance from the beast, so unfortunately, I don't have much scope for further enlargement. I agree that maybe the positioning of the the hippo needs to be re-assessed, though... what will the rule of thirds and all that.

Glad you enjoyed anyway.

Aaron

Well, it has passed the greatest test and held the attentions of my 18 month old daughter for about 30 seconds! :shock: While she pointed and giggled!
Believe me this child rairly ever stays still this long!

A really nice catch! He looks like he is trying to excape from a salad!
:)

..hippo salad... very funny
I really like the expression on the hippo, just wish it was zoomed in some more.

Great capture :D

Most reactions

Back