History lost

pursuer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The remnants of a WWII outpost, all the wooden structures on the Island have been burnt by vandals. I am planning to reshoot this and three other military sites in IR as soon as I get a chance, what do you think.

post41rq.jpg

garage5vw.jpg

tunnel3zz.jpg

post53fw.jpg

island26us.jpg

i like them all, especially the stairway shot
great b&w treatment
think you could burn the wall in the second? seems a bit blown to me
whats the deal with the last?

Thanks Jon, You are right about the second shot being a bit blown out, I used the shadow/highlight tool on it just a little to try and help it, Im not that happy with that shot but it is the only one I have of that building for some reason :scratch:

The last shott is of a friend of mine checking out what used to be one of the two main gun positions on the island. In the background are the remains of two lookout posts and a celtic cross erected as a memorial to the people that died on the island when it was used to quarantine incoming ships in the 1800s.

Cool shots. Where is this place?

Like John said, they're all great. Especially the stairway! I think these were prolly pretty hard to shoot, being they're just there on their own, and you did a great job! The bw fits nicely :thumbup:

Great shots, the black and white works really well on them. The buildings have great texture. 1,2 and 4 are my faves.

Thanks everyone, JEFFB these were taken on partridge island in Saint John harbour, New Brunswick, Canada

OMG! the third one is just hillarious!!! amazing! especially with the guy up there... looks as if he was a "ghost" from WW II

Most reactions

New Topics

Back