History of Music (BESP #3)

iBats

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
all of these were at 50mm, f/1.8, shutter 100 iso, and 1/60 speed lighting was natural with a flash pointed straight up at 1/16th power, and post processing includes vignettes

they are combined into triptych form as the assignment states

4448023543_20bfb1981f_o.jpg

The one below is an extra and separate from the assignment.

4448793036_2ec7694f88_o.jpg

The first one is boring.

The second is much, much better.
I would like to see it with a solid black border. The color you used is too close to a color in the image, and it blends, and creates confusion. Tighten up the border lines, and make them even all the way around and in between.

aight so other than the border its good, also the first one is the progression of music if you didnt get that, i thought that was pretty cool

Uhhhhh...yeah...I got it.
I found it boring and cliche.

Do you care to fix the second image?

I'll expand on the problems with #1. The first image has a fairly interesting perspective, pretty close to one of the examples I gave. The first image is fairly dark overall. The next 2 images are boring product shots, with a light background, which draws th viewer away from the first shot. You then have competing styles of shots. This could have worked better if you got in tight and filled the frame in the same manner as the turntable, on the cassette, and iPod.

I also feel (opinion) that long triptychs aren't as cohesive as an overall compostion compared to keeping closer to a standard image ratio. The bigger each image is the danger is there for the viewer to view each panel as a seperate image, rather than as a whole.

Last edited:
The second one is wayy better in my opinion. Bitter is spot on saying that the styles of photography aren't coherent through the set. It definitely keeps them from "meshing" together.

To Bitter: your posts and critique has really made me start thinking about the artistic merit of my own photography a lot now, and because of this latest assignment you've created, I'm suddenly inspired to head downtown and compose a triptych of my own. The idea is wonderful.

:boogie:

:biggrin:

:smileys:

You mean I'm not just a nasty internet bully like some people say I am? :roll:

look i can do smilies too
:peacesign::playball::greendev::fangs::love::biggrin::drool2::peacemrgreen::irked::twoface::bigangel::drunk::pimp::geek::spank::cokespit::chatty::Joker::badangel::angry1::shock::study::camera::madass::king::sun::biglaugh::alien::band::cheers::banghead::waiting::pirate::eek:ldman::popcorn::blackeye::whip::hippie::queen::afro::cheer::wav::gah:

iBats, you're sick, and can't be bothered to make one of your images better, but you will take the time to do that. :waiting:

Poor attitude. If you're here to learn, then accept the teaching.

Most reactions

Back