Hit 1000th picture with my 350D today =)

lol cranking them out eh?

I am still trying to wade through the manual before I really get active with the new camera. Kind of a "do your homework before you go out and play" thing.. hehe

golly gee willikers! that's a whole bunch 'o pictures in 20 days! i wish i had that much time to shoot! grats man! i hope the next 1k are as fun for ya!

so far, out of the 1000 pictures, i've only had 3 pictures that were "my work" worthy haha. but yea, I went through that phase too, Dweller, except I did that in about a couple hours. I already had a prior EOS camera and the controls are almost exactly the same..of course, the only real difference is the graphical menu.

I love not having the fear of wasting film!

bobaab said:
I love not having the fear of wasting film!

I hear ya there. I have shot 55 pics so far and nothing is really a true pic, just trying out different features and seeing how they work in different situations.

The reason teh manual is taking so long is I *hate* tech manuals.. they put me to sleep better than any sedative ever could...

The problem is I am in IT. I am supposed to love tech stuff.. and I do, but I hate reading about it.

That's the greatest advantage of the digital SLR's, IMO. I've shot ~4000 in the 8 months I've had my 350D, and maybe a few dozen from the early months are truly good photos. I love having the ability to just keep clicking off shots, and choose the best later without the film or processing expense. When I take pictures of people, I'm firing off shots before and after they are ready (or even know I'm shooting). Quite often, I prefer the "unexpected ones" better than the posed shots.

There's absolutely no way I could have learned what I've learned if I had to process these pictures.

I didn't even bother looking at the manual for our D50, I just started taking pics. I should probably look at it sometime, but I've figured most of it out by just using it.

I've taken 37,652 since October 26th. I usually take my cameras to school and all around with me. With the cameras I have, It's so easy to just take pictures, especially if you have a couple 8GB Microdrives.

hammy said:
Not necessarily a good thing. ;)
True, us digital photographers are actually really spolied :blushing:

But the degree of the pictures you are able to take has really widened for me. Like someone said, being able to take pictures before and after you tell someone you are taking a photo gives for great, natural results. With film I was never adventurous enough to do that...

Im on 1200+ pics now :) I love how I took at least 50 shots of cream settling in a coffee cup...and none of them turned out good..and the best thing is I have no guilt of wasting money haha :lmao:

Mr_Jones said:
I've taken 37,652 since October 26th. I usually take my cameras to school and all around with me. With the cameras I have, It's so easy to just take pictures, especially if you have a couple 8GB Microdrives.

that sir, is nuts!

sure thing, not a great photo tho unfortunately :p picture taken at the Chicago Auto Show's Jeep display. It was fun going on that ride :D

img10006406sz.jpg

Ahh cool! I went on one of those here in the UK. It was an outdoor off-road type thing and we went over a see-saw type thing then through deep water!! At one point of it I thought was going to tip over!

Really cool!

bobaab said:
that sir, is nuts!
Oh, I know. I'm not denying that it's an utterly insane number, but it sure made putting my portfolio together easy. And With the Mark II N going at 8.5 frames a second and the IV HS going at 10, it gets so easy to just take a bunch of pictures. Plus, I take pictures literally all the time.

Most reactions

Back