Hit me... I can take it!

Dasher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
And for my third post I will go straight for the fire. Might as well jump in with both feet, eh? :)

I haven't been doing this long, so I thought I'd get some crit before I develop (no pun intended!) some bad habits. I don't have any terribly serious photos yet. The camera is a digital, Sony Mavica CD1000.

And this is Damocles. I named him that because he looks like he's standing on a sword. :D

Damocles.jpg

I like your DOF as well. However, I think that Damocles is too centered for my taste. I think it would look a lot better if you cut a little off the bottom and some from the left. Just enough to take off the line on the left bottom and the blurry blob on the bottom. That would put him on the 1/3 rule and IMO be a better crop. Much respect for the capture. I tried to get one of these guys today. :D

Yes, he was terribly accomodating... I got several shots of him and his friends that day. In the original shot there's more to the left than the right... I didn't crop much from the right. But there is this annoying blade of grass that extends up over him that I find very distracting. 'Course, a few minutes with Photoshop and I could beat it into submission. Here's a small version of the original image so you can see the positioning, and the blade of grass. I do have the tendancy to centre things. I will go write out the rule of thirds 100 times now. :D

Damoclessm.jpg

Most reactions

Back