hiya im new here!

jen_marshall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, my name's Jen and I'm 16. I'm really into photography, but I'm an amateur and would love some pointers and tips. I'm currently looking for professional digital cameras, so if ya'll know any good quality cameras, please let me know!

Welcome aboard, Jen.

Welcome to TPF, Jen. Nikon makes some great cameras. Sony makes some great cameras. Canon makwes some great cameras.

As far as making the dollar go farther: I am a big fan of used equipment. efurbished gear is also a good value. As far as a good quality camera, the Nikon D5300 is good, and afforable. The Nikon D7100 is a great value. The little, compact Nikon D3300 is a fantastic value.

Hello Jen. Welcome to the forum. Hope you find what you're looking for :)

Goodluck.

I'm currently looking for professional digital cameras, ..
Welcome!

The Nikon D7100 is a good choice. Current price for a new body (only) is $700. If you can zero in on one very lightly used, you can save some money. Which lens(es) will depend on what you want to do, and your budget.

The Nikon D3xxx and Nikon D5xxx series are considered "entry level", and if you're really on a tight budget, look for one that is early in the series, and try to find a new one gathering dust on some shelf somewhere. Or lightly used is o.k. too.

I'd say my budget is from $200 to $350 for a camera

I'd say my budget is from $200 to $350 for a camera
Unfortunately, you will probably not find a professional camera in that price range. It could happen, but not likely.

Given your budget, I will suggest the you try to find an "entry level" DSLR, lightly used, that fits your budget, and build on that.

Good luck!

Welcome Jen.

For that price range for a camera I would look for used models. I have the D200 that is a 2005 model semi-pro body. It cost me $200 five years ago and came with a memory card, battery grip with two batteries and the original strap. I'm sure you could find the 35mm f/1.8 DX lens for around $150. I think that is a good camera for a teenager to learn photography with, especially if you can take a class or two or you have a mentor that you can go out taking pictures together.

These days the D200 is selling for closer to $100 and the slightly newer D300 is below $300 in the used market.

Most reactions

Back